July 15, 2015

Weathering The Storms of Your Life....


Sometimes, we wonder why we go through certain difficult situations in life and when things don't turn out the way we planned, we then begin to convince ourselves to believe that we are truly being punished for the sins of our fathers or a crime we've committed in the past which might be as a result of youthful exuberance or total ignorance. As humans, we are bound to feel this way because we want to trace the root cause of our problems and sort out ways to handle them up-front. This I agree with, but the sad truth is that very few people out there believe that problems, trials and tribulations are bound to happen. We should expect them to manifest. God didn’t promise us that we will not experience turbulence in life neither did he say that the enemy will not attack but His word to us is that when the enemy comes like a flood, he will surely raise up a standard against him. Isaiah 59:19. That means we are already guaranteed divine protection and defense. He also assured us in "Deuteronomy 28:7", that "He will grant that the enemies who rise up against you will be defeated before you. They will come in one way, but flee from you seven ways" (i.e; when an army is overthrown or dissipated).

Now the question is, will there be storms in our lives? ABSOLUTELY! Storms will definitely arise. It is inevitable and unavoidable. At every phase of one’s life, there will always be challenges and hurdles to cross in order to get to where God is taking you to. A lot of us fail to understand that every stormy season is a preparatory ground to brace us up for what lies ahead. We are too caught up in our fears and worries, and these are oppositions that hinder us from grasping the full message God is trying to convey during this “turmoilcious” season.  We seize to utilize this opportunity to get the lesson which will in turn, become a blessing to us.

“For every new level, there is a new devil awaiting”. This was exactly the words of my friend when I was detailing my challenges to her and after she said this, I began to realize that the higher we grow in our spiritual and physical lives, there are new challenges to be faced and constant battles to be fought. So it’s not a time to hang up your boots and think you have eventually arrived. You constantly have to be abreast and never be ignorant of the devices of the evil one. He is never tired of executing evil so you shouldn’t be found wanting in being steadfast in God’s word.

The road to success is always crooked and rough. There is no short-cut. When storms arise, know it’s for a good cause. Know that something very spontaneous is about to happen that they world would see and marvel. All you need do is to be still and obey the voice of God during this period. "To weather the storms, you have to get to the eye of the storm to find the serenity that will allow you to just ride it out" - Tony Gaskins Jnr. 

To get to your destiny or divine calling, there will be turbulence along the way. People will not take you seriously. Your opinion may really not matter. You might sound reasonable to only 2 out of 50 persons. Doors will be slammed at your face, there will be rejections, discouragements, etc and believe me, you will begin to feel undervalued and almost get to the verge of giving up.
But you know what? NEVER YOU GIVE UP!

The truth is that no one will understand the purpose of your destiny more than yourself and the one (God) who called you to it. The stormy season is never a time to lose hope nor fret. It’s not a time to make negative declarations upon your life. It is not a time to accept defeat. However, take it as a sign that you are venturing into something great because only great aspirations face oppositions. Great men once fell but what kept them going was the ability to rise up and try again. Failure is not defeat!

Praise God during the storms. Before that breakthrough manifests, praise him in the hallway. In good and in bad, render praises and give thanks. Praises opens the gates of heaven and causes God to pour out his blessings upon us. Remember to be still, be calm and be obedient to the leading of his voice. He has a peculiar message for you during your stormy season.

Love this piece?
Don't forget to comment and share..
See y'all in my next post.

Lots of love,

Ada xoxo....


Photo credit: Shutterstock

10 comments:

  1. “For every new level, there is a new devil awaiting”. So true...Don't know why I never really thought about this before. Makes such perfect sense now that I have read it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. “For every new level, there is a new devil awaiting”, is such a great and true quote! I really needed to here these words!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure Lanae... everyone needs to.. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. This is so true, and well said. I look back at my trials and shudder. Then I remember the growth gained from each thorn in my side. I'm so happy I am not who I was yesterday, and tomorrow, I won't be who I am today. I pray for grace, grace and more grace with each and every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen to that Deb! I see God taking you to great and greater heights in life. In spite of our flaws and short comings, the unmerited grace of God still abounds. His grace is always sufficient for us. Every trial and tribulation we've faced in the past or currently facing is all for a good cause.

      God is paving ways and making us stronger so that we can be able to withstand the blessings that lies ahead. So do not shudder! His ways are not our ways neither are his thoughts towards us. For they are of good and not of evil to give us an expected end..

      Thanks Deb for stopping by and I'm glad you were richly blessed by this piece.

      Delete
  4. Great post! It's only by the grace of God we surmount every storm and opposition in our lives. FAITH, STRENGTH, TRUST & BELIEF also keeps us going in the midst of it all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my favorite line in the piece. Really resonates with my story at the moment. Continue to post heart-felt content!

    The road to success is always crooked and rough. There is no short-cut. When storms arise, know it’s for a good cause. Know that something very spontaneous is about to happen that they world would see and marvel. All you need do is to be still and obey the voice of God during this period. "To weather the storms, you have to get to the eye of the storm to find the serenity that will allow you to just ride it out" - Tony Gaskins Jnr.

    ReplyDelete

15 Quick "Q and A" with Ada...

Hey lovelies, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! I know I've been M.I.A for a while but I assure you all that I'll be back and active this y...