December 19, 2014

The 'EGO' Syndrome

























Ego! Ego!! Ego!!!This is the beginning of man's downfall. It's an unhealthy baggage that must be dropped if we truly need to succeed and go to great lengths in life. A lot of people say it's man's nature to be egocentric! Well, that's absolutely not false. 

As a matter of fact, we were born into sin but Christ died on the cross a thousand years ago to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. He died that we might be set free from every bondage, sin and reproach. Egoism is bondage! It is captivity!  It is man's greatest enemy; not that witch in the village. It creeps in gradually when we think we have arrived. When we assume it was by our own power and strength and not recognizing that God was the ultimate reason why we were able to scale through in that situation.

An egocentric heart is always bitter and resentful. Never appreciative of anything. Always striving to out-do. Never stands to be corrected. Such people think the world revolves around their needs and wants.  

Have I been a victim of this syndrome? Oh yes! times without number, especially during my days as a teenager. I have fallen head down and guess what? It’s not a graceful occasion. I’ve ended up with so many regrets as a result of lashing out on friends even before they tried to pass the actual message across. This however, affected my decision making which resulted in drastic outcomes.

Reminiscing on this, I won’t fail to admit that I am a work in progress. Like fine wine, I got better with time. Really, some things need to be overlooked as they are not worth the sweat. For peace to reign, let them slide and let life go on. Do not let your egocentric nature hinder you from diverse opportunities that might come your way. Our tongue needs to be regularly tamed. As small as it is, it can cause a lot of havoc. It can break trust that has been built for years in a split second. We need to be mindful of how we respond to people and situations around us.

Constantly put your heart in check... Ego comes with a heavy price and trust me, it's not a cheque you can easily take to the bank and cash. It costs more than you can ever fathom. Are you suffering from this syndrome? Remember, a broken and contrite heart, God will not despise. Psalm 51:17. Ask God for his leading today.

I'll see you guys in my next post..

Until then, stay blessed and enjoy the festive season.

Happy Happy Holidays!!!

Lots of love,

Ada..






               

4 comments:

  1. Hello Adaora and thanks for writing about ego and more importantly the way God can change the way we live. He makes all the difference in our attitudes and behaviors. I enjoyed reading this post. I have found in my personal journey with Christ that pride is an invitation to humble myself and surrender. To let go and let God have the driver seat. May your holiday season be a continuation of your faith in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Walter. Yea, we have to let God be the driver and captain of our lives by surrendering all of our being to him. I'm glad you enjoyed this piece. Have a blissful season!!!

      Delete
  2. True! We have to let go of our ego to get ahead. Great post! www.moniqj.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Mo' J, that's one great way to move to higher grounds. When we humble ourselves, God in his infinite mercy will lift us up.

      Delete

15 Quick "Q and A" with Ada...

Hey lovelies, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! I know I've been M.I.A for a while but I assure you all that I'll be back and active this y...