August 09, 2014

Are you willing to LOSE IT?



For he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement for our peace was upon him, and by his stripes we are made whole” (Is. 53:5). 

What manner of love does God have for us that he did not spare his only begotten son to die on the cross for our sins?  A love so unconditional, so true, without spots, without blemish. We do not merit this love. 


He said in his word “I have not come to call the righteous, but rather to call the sinners to turn to God from their sins." Luke 5:32. God is giving us a second chance to deeply reflect on our lives and turn from our evil ways.  We know the devil's ultimate purpose here on earth which  is to kill, steal and destroy everything God has put to perfection. Nothing good comes out of him.

He only roars like an empty lion seeking for whom to devour but I'm glad to announce to someone today that there is a greater lion " The Lion of the Tribe of Judah" whom at the mention of his name, every knee must bow. No authority is above his. He has given us life more and more abundantly. Are you willing to lose for a  double measure? Letting go of that sinful pleasure to enjoy eternal grace. He is calling on you today. He is an all sovereign God. He is Elshadai!! He'll more than supply your needs.


...... And Abraham was childless for so many years yet he had absolute faith in God. God blessed him with Isaac, his only son and tested his faith by telling him to take Isaac, whom he loves to the region of Moriah and yield him as a burnt offering. He did so without questioning God. God saw the measure of his faith and said

“I will surely bless you and make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as the sand on the seashore. Your descendants will take possession of the cities of their enemies, and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, because you have obeyed me”  Genesis 22:17. 

That's the way God steps into our situations when we heed to his voice and yield ourselves completely to him.


Also, a little boy’s lunch of 2 fish and 5 loaves of bread was multiplied with an overflow of 12 baskets the very moment he gave it all to feed a multitude of 5,000. That’s the same way God steps in when we are willing to give up that which we are still holding on to. He is a God of abundant multiplication. 
We see the story of Elijah & the widow at Zarephath in 1 Kings 17:10-15:
 
"10: And Elijah arose and went to Zarephath, and when he came to the gate of the city, behold, a widow was there gathering sticks; and he called to her and said, “Please get me a little water in a jar, that I may drink.” 11: As she was going to get it, he called to her and said, “Please bring me a piece of bread in your hand.” 12: But she said, “As the LORD your God lives, I have no bread, only a handful of flour in the bowl and a little oil in the jar; and behold, I am gathering a few sticks that I may go in and prepare for me and my son, that we may eat it and die.” 13: Then Elijah said to her, “Do not fear; go, do as you have said, but make me a little bread cake from it first and bring it out to me, and afterward you may make one for yourself and for your son. 14: “For thus says the LORD God of Israel, ‘The bowl of flour shall not be exhausted, nor shall the jar of oil be empty, until the day that the LORD sends rain on the face of the earth.’” 15: So she went and did according to the word of Elijah, and she and he and her household ate for many days. 16: The bowl of flour was not exhausted nor did the jar of oil become empty, according to the word of the LORD which He spoke through Elijah"

My testimony:
A time came when i was jobless, broke and almost frustrated. I had just $20 left in my purse. It was like my whole life depended on that money. I could see money for my groceries, bus tickets etc, all in that $20. I remember reaching out to two companies to reschedule my interview dates cos there was no means of finding my way back home if i had gone for the interview.  Oh yes! It was bad that i couldn't even boast of 5cents in my bank account. That period i was believing God for a job that would sustain me.

Then one Sunday morning while in church, the Holy spirit ministered to me to sow that $20 as a thanksgiving seed to appreciate God in advance for my prayers being answered. It was indeed a huge struggle. I couldn't let go. That was all i had. That was my life. The Holy Spirit kept pushing and without any further doubt, i gave my all in absolute faith and obedience having clearly heard HIS voice. That same week i had three job offers that i had to take my time to pick the best. What if i disobeyed? What if i was still stubborn to harken to the voice of the Lord?


Is there something God is saying you should release? Be it a grudge you are still holding unto or a relationship that you are struggling to sustain? He is still saying “LOSE IT”. Release yourself from that bondage. He has a better package for you. You haven’t seen his glory yet because you haven’t broken the walls hovering against you. Those walls will only bring you regrets, frustration, shame and reproach. They will obstruct the outpouring of God's divine blessings. 

Are you an alcoholic, chain smoker, prostitute, gay or drug addict? I may not be able to mention your specific case but whatever struggle you are passing through, God is saying you should let go of that immorality. It's only an expressway to destruction. There is a supernatural transformation when you surrender it all to Jesus. Your body the holy temple of God, therefore you must not defile it. (1Corinth 6:19) Make it honorable. It's not the devil's habitat to feast on.

For you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a peculiar people to show forth the praises of Him who has called you out of darkness into his marvelous light. (1Peter 2:9)

 LET GO AND LET GOD!!! 
 




1 comment:

  1. Oluchi Juliet Eke6 January 2015 at 01:43

    Am so encouraged and pleased wit ur royallivin write ups.have hd similar experience wit u,wia I dropped 9000 naira and gt over 100000 in return.am happy we still have young ladies who ve strong vision and r so passionate bt it,sum only kia abt getting married and bearing kids.kip it up,may God strengthen u d more.jst recollecting wen I used to see u den in IELC.anyways keep living as a. Royalty,all d best

    ReplyDelete

15 Quick "Q and A" with Ada...

Hey lovelies, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! I know I've been M.I.A for a while but I assure you all that I'll be back and active this y...